Monday 21 January 2013

Let the Learning Begin

My name is Esther and I am the winner of the Early Career Inspirational Teacher Award 2012. This year will be my third year teaching, and if it is anything like the last two, I will be learning as much as I will be teaching! As Louka discussed in his post, facilitation of teacher development and learning is central to the student outcomes of growth and development. In my experience, teachers are challenged daily to build on knowledge, alter their perceptions, and strive to be the most effective teacher you can be so that your students have the best possible chance of learning. This year I have been given an unbelievable opportunity which allows me to be supported in this quest for learning, self-improvement and consequently, student outcomes. I look forward to sharing this journey with you all.

1 comment:

Ambra said...

Don't worry you'll always learn as much as you teach. That's one of the best things about being a teacher. Look forward to hearing about your PD.