Wednesday 30 January 2013

2013 Professional Learning Journey

I was delighted to be awarded the Inspirational Leader's Award in the 2012 S.A Public Teaching Awards. I am the principal of Mark Oliphant College B-12 (MOC) located at Munno Para West.

I have already begun to use my award by signing us up for TED Live -as I could not get there in person! We will begin the live stream (or download depending on time differences) to MOC when the event begins in mid February.

I hope to travel to the United States in the mid year to firstly visit High Tech High in San Diego to see our MOCsters graduate from the Leading Schools program. As a school community we have been heavily influenced by the work of HTH amongst others! Then on to Ontario, Canada to visit Virtual High School ( an amazing example of the growth of on-line learning and flexible delivery).

Final stop is on to Boston for Alan November's Building Learning Communities Conference and after that attending Harvard Graduate School of Education doing a summer school with Howard Gardner (!!) - the Future of Learning

I will blog and tweet during this adventure!

In the mean time if you want to hear about life at MOC
The following cartoon is my current favourite and hangs above my desk!



1 comment:

SA Public Teaching Awards said...

Your plans for 2013 sound fantastic Lynne. I can't wait to hear more later in the year.