Friday 29 March 2013

Nature Based learning in England and Scotland.

Having searched for months and frustrated many people trying to help me - finally I am deliriously happy to be heading off on an exciting international study visit to the UK in October! (Fingers crossed) The tour will include meeting Claire Warden - the owner of the first outdoor nature Kindergarten in Scotland. Centres we will visit include Pen Green children's centre, Middlesborough, Wingate Children's centre, Dunblane, Cowgate Pre -5 centre, Edinburgh, Fowlis Wester and Auchlone Nature Kindergarten, Crieff, Scottish Crannog Centre , Kenmore!
The fact that the study visit will be linked to the National Australian Early Years Learning Framework is brilliant. I'm already looking forward to sharing my experience and promoting nature based learning when I get back!!!
Meanwhile - as part of my award I was able to buy a camera and laptop specifically for the children to use to capture snapshots and videos for editing, reflection and studying. The photos posted here have either been taken by the children of things that particularly interest them or taken by me of children engaged with nature with the idea to share with their peers for our 'Talking and Thinking FloorbooksTM' intentional learning groups. Enjoy!
For more information on Nature schools and kindergartens go to www.mindstretchers.com





















1 comment:

SA Public Teaching Awards said...

These pictures are amazing Angela! So pleased to see that the camera has been so instrumental in the children's engagement with nature.